I thought it might, as its been p
ersisting down most of the day, but then the majority of what I was doing was under cover so it wasn’t likely to anyway.
As I said in yesterday’s post the plan for today was to clean, polish, check and photograph all the painted bits (in between tinkering with the beetle for Volksfest tomorrow) and I’m pleased to say I managed to, I even got all technical (for me lol) and put a little flickr widget on the sidebar with all the pictures I took in it, I will add to that folder as time goes by and the build progresses.
Considering it has been painted for about 6 years and stored ever since the paint is remarkably good, I’m very impressed. Aside from a small nick on the horncasting, a slightly bigger one on the rear light (can be seen in pics) and a bit of tidying to be done on the bottom of the forks and rear of frame (where they were sitting on a concrete floor) there is nothing to do repair/paint touching up wise, all things considered quite a result, I expected worse so am rather pleased.
As you can see in the pic at the top of this post, the new legshields look sooooo much better than the original ones (pic in this post) no dents or rot, the original colour and no Opel Corsa sticker either, which is a bonus lol.
Next weekend the plan is to actually make a start on the rebuild……….