Sunday 7 June 2015

Mag Housing


Not to be confused with a magazine rack, which is something entirely different and serves a very different purpose. AKA "magneto housing" or "flywheel housing", take your pick, personally I will stick with "mag housing" but call it what you want, it wont answer you, its a cold metal inanimate object.

Whatever you choose to call it, that's one up there, with its new oil seals (2), spacer washer, circlip and bearing fitted.


Same thing, different angle (bit closer up) you can see the smearing of high melting point grease on the bearing to aid lubrication and reduce friction........... ooh err missus (nearly went all Frankie Howerd then)


There it is again, from the other side this tie (the side that sits in the engine casing), looking dirtier from this angle too (no more Frankie Howerd comments I promise) its not dirty, well it is, but clean dirty (if that makes sense) given everything is new its clean, its just dirty because I covered it in grease, new, clean grease though, keeping up? No? I will move on then.

Like other parts of the assembly, a heat gun and bearing that have been in the freezer for a while made assembly a lot easier. I am sure DB wonders why there are random metal objects in the freezer at times but hey, it could be worse, I could be planning on using the tumble drier to...... actually, I wont say.

You will be glad to know this is a short post, the next one will be along soon and feature, for your delectation and delight, the crank, in its rightful place, the engine (as opposed to the plastic tub its been in for ages), I know you cant wait can you, I can tell................

No comments:

Post a Comment