Friday 14 August 2015

Chaincase


Dirty, round the wrong way, bare, need I go on. I apologies in advance, but its going to be another post of few words and many pics, most of which will be slightly different than the ones before. Maybe I should have a spot the difference feature, hmmmm. thinking with my brain now.


Same pic, closer up, illustrating the bareness of it all.


Oooh, bit different, cleaner, less bare (oil seal fitted) though now upside down, the chaincase, not the oil seal. This side was the part that was vapour blasted (along with the engine casing) as mentioned back then so it should be clean, unlike the other side, that will soon be dirty (once the gearbox oil is added) so doesn't need to be overly clean.


Many more bits fitted, kick start shaft and mechanism, return spring, stop, guide and bits you cant see (brass bushes) as opposed to brass monkeys, which is something completely different. I was going to (and probably should have) replaced the "kickstart shaft piston" (several of the posts in this blog have had the potential for being innuendo heavy) with new (unchipped) teeth (unlike me, the chipped teeth I mean) but didn't as they aren't too bad (worn wise) and they will also match up nicely to the first gear to which they will be meeting when kicking Izzy over. It's also me keeping original parts as much as possible due to, on this occasion, laziness lol. Still, if I come to regret it and need to replace it (the kickstart shaft piston) its not a massive job once Izzy is all assembled and I really don't think I will need to, it doesn't look that bad (worn), I know, I'm trying to convince myself aren't I....... 


Yes, it is like the above pic from a different angle, I did warn this may happen.


That one is slightly different, it has a clutch arm shaft in it, with a clutch lever (not to be confused with the headset clutch lever) ..... (that will feature many posts from now) and associated circlips and washers. 


Look, there it all is again, from a further away angle, which allows you to take in all that is now there that wasn't in the first pic, at the start of this post. Well not all of it, as some is internal or covered, so you can't see that, but its there.

You will be relieved glad to know, I didn't use all the pics I could have, but I still have them, so be warned. Remember though, this whole process is (as previously stated several times) more of a record for me than anything else :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment